- (2010): B.A. Biblical Languages, Moody Bible Institute
- (2013): M.Div., Religion, Westminster Theological Seminary
- (2018): Ph.D., Systematic Theology, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- New Testament Greek
- Old Testament Hebrew
- Theological French
- Ecclesiastical Latin
- APR, ACSD, ETS, SBL, AAR
- New Calvinism and The Victim: Reformed Theology, Abuse, and The Experience of God (Forthcoming, 2019)
Published Peer-Reviewed Articles
- (2017) “Betrayal Trauma and Covenant: Theologically Understanding Abuse Trauma and Traumatically Reforming Theological Understanding,” Journal of Spirituality in Mental Health 19, no. 4 (2017), 1-25.
- (2016) “The Problem of God in the Presence of Grief: Exchanging ‘Stages’ of Progress for ‘Trajectories’ of Process in the Book of Job and Christian Lament,” The Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care 9, no. 2 (2016), 176-193.
- (2016) “Is There an Authority Analogy Between the Trinity and Marriage?: Untangling Arguments of Subordination and Ontology in Egalitarian-Complementarian Discourse,” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 59, no. 3 (September 2016), 541-570.
- (2014) “The Formulation of Thomistic Simplicity: Mapping Aquinas’s Method for Configuring God’s Essence,” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 57, no. 2 (2014): 371-403.
- (2014) “The Covenant Theology of Cornelius Van Til in Light of His Interaction With Karl Barth and Hans Urs von Balthasar,” The Criswell Theological Review 12, no. 1 (Fall 2014), 81-107.
- (2014) “Human Self-Transcendence: Perspectives from Posthumanism, Postmodernism, and Postsecularism,” Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies26 (2014), 167-183.
- (2013) “Analyzing the Apostle Paul’s Robust Conscience: Identifying and Engaging the Psychological Concerns of Krister Stendahl’s Inceptive Article” Westminster Theological Journal 75, no. 1 (Spring 2013), 145-64.
- (2012) “Is Reformed Orthodoxy a Possible Exception to Matt McCormick’s Critique of Classical Theism? An Exploration of God’s Presence and Consciousness” Philo (Published by the Council for Secular Humanism) 15, no. 2 (Fall/Winter 2012), 113-126.
- (2017) “Triangulating the Unchanging God: Retrieving Thomistic Distinctions to Aid Modern Immutability Formulations,” The 6th Graduate Conference, The Center for Scriptural Exegesis, Philosophy, and Doctrine at Mundelein Seminary; Advised by Matthew Levering; Mundelein, IL.
- (2017) “Reconciling Calvin and Voltiare on the Problem of Evil,” ETS Annual Midwest Meeting (March, 2017): Theology; Wheaton, IL.
- (2016) “Is The Trinity The Archetype of Human Gender Difference?: Tracing the Lineage of Hans Urs von Balthasar’s Trinitarian Theology Through Queer and Complementarian Trinitarian Theologies” ETS Annual Meeting (November, 2016): The Trinity: Systematic Theology; San Antonio, TX.
- (2016) “Significant Qualitative Distinctions in Neurotheology” Conference on Theology and the Philosophy of Science, Concordia University of Edmonton; Edmonton, AB.
- (2015) “Is There an Authority Analogy Between the Trinity and Marriage?: Untangling Arguments of Subordination and Ontology in Egalitarian-Complementarian Discourse” ETS Annual National Meeting (November, 2015): Marriage and Family (Hermeneutics); Atlanta, GA.
- (2014) “In What Sense is the God of Christians a Jealous God?” ETS Annual National Meeting (November, 2014; Invited): Models of God; San Diego, CA.
- (2014) “Sin as Suffering: Improving Traditional Repentance Tropes in Evangelical Anti-Pornography Narratives,” ETS Annual Midwest Meeting (March, 2014): Theology; Chicago, IL.
- (2013) “Is There a Possible World In Which We Have a Biblical Doctrine of Divine Simplicity?” ETS Annual National Meeting (November, 2013): Systematic Theology; Baltimore, MD.
- (2013) “Yahweh as True Adam: The Divine Identity of the Expected Seed” ETS Annual Northeast Meeting (April, 2013): Old Testament Studies; Nyack, NY.
- (2013) “Reconceiving the Semantics of the Old Testament: A Philosophical and Grammatical-Historical Defense of the Apostles’ Typological Interpretation of the Old Testament” ETS Annual Eastern Meeting (March, 2013): Hermeneutics; Lynchberg, VA.
- (2013) “Paul’s Two-Adam Epistemology and Man’s Scientific Knowledge: Theological Foundations for the Discipline of Psychology” ETS Annual Midwest Meeting (March, 2013): Practical Theology and Counseling; Lincoln, IL.
- (2013) “Theology and Counseling,” Reformational Counseling Colloquium (Roundtable Discussion), The American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) World Conference (2013); moderator: Eric Johnson (SBTS); Nashville, TN.
- (2014) Andrew J. Schmutzer (ed.), The Long Journey Home: Understanding and Ministering to the Sexually Abused (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2011), in Themelios 39, no. 1, 178-180.
- (2014) Ben C. Dunson, Individual and Community in Paul’s Letter to the Romans Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2. Reihe 324. (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2012), in The Journal of Psychology and Theology 42, no. 1, 123-124.
- (2014) Chris Tilling, Paul’s Divine Christology. Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2. Reihe 323. (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2012), in Westminster Theological Journal.
- (2013) Thomas Nagel, Mind and Cosmos: Why the Materialist Neo-Darwinian Conception of Nature is Almost Certainly False (New York: Oxford University Press, 2012), in The Journal of Psychology and Theology, 41, no. 3 (Fall, 2013): 257-259.
- (2013) Valérie Nicolet-Anderson, Constructing the Self: Thinking With Paul and Michel Foucault. Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2. Reihe 324. (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2012), in Westminster Theological Journal, 75, no. 2 (Fall, 2013): 431-433.
- (forthcoming) Kenneth I. Pargament (ed.) APA Handbook of Psychology, Religion, and Spirituality, 2 vols. (Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association, 2013) in The Journal of Psychology and Theology.
- (forthcoming) Rob Lister, God is Impassible and Impassioned: Toward a Theology of Divine Emotion (Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2013), in The Journal of Psychology and Theology.
- (2014–2015) “The Greg Waybright Scholarship,” awarded by the Ph.D. Field Committee in Systematic Theology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, 2014, $35,000.
- (2019) Mid-Career Theoligian Symposium on Psychology & Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2019.
- (2018—Present) Instructor of Systematic Theology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL.
- (2014–2017) Instructor of Philosophy at Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL.
- (2014–2015) Research and Teaching Assistant for Kevin J. Vanhoozer, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL.
- (2013–2014) Research Assistant for Winston T. Smith, Christian Counseling & Education Foundation, Glenside, PA.
- (2012–2014) Research and Teaching assistant for K. Scott Oliphint, Westminster Theological Seminary, Glenside, PA.
- (2009–2010) Teaching Assistant for Brian Kammerzelt, Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL.
- (2009–2010) Teaching Assistant for Marcus Johnson, Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL.
- (2008) Teaching Assistant for Paul Penley, Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL.